Success is one percent luck and ninety-nine percent hard work!
Music is a business, treat it as such! As with any business; make a business plan, set your goals in steps, and complete each step before moving to the next. Don't be afraid to ask questions and do your own research in your particular genre of music. Look to those who are successful and draw from their experiences. Fads are temporary, don't fall into those traps if a long career in music is your goal.
Creating an image is a way of seperating one's self from everyone else who is trying to reach that elusive dream of "Stardom". Every Artist who you are a fan of has an Image, and it is that image that draws you to them and their music. This is the most critical concept overlooked by most new Artists.
Some questions to ask yourself at the beginning:
* When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
* Do you see "Star Quality" in your appearance?
* Can you speak in large crowds with ease?
* What Artist do you think you are most like in your style?
* Are you willing to do what it will take to reach your goals?
(No one can do it for you)
* Can you take criticism in your music?
* Are you willing to take advice from professionals?
* Will you be true in your commitment to yourself, your music
and those who support you in your career?
* What is your definition of success?
* Will you except your failures and mistakes and use them as learning tools to
reach your final goal of success?
* How can Lost River Records jump start your career?
"Music is an outburst of the soul." -Frederick Deluis
LOST RIVER RECORDS LLC
RECORDING STUDIO/ARTIST DEVELOPMENT!